Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Lemon Poppyseed Bread


This is one of my favorite recipes ever! I got it from my sister, Kelly, several years ago. It usually doesn't last long enough to even cool off from the oven completely. I made some this morning, and luckily enough, I just snagged a piece and it reminded me to write this blog. (I actually took a picture this time!)

Lemon cake mix (not Duncan Hines)
1/3 cup oil or applesauce
1/2 cup flour
2-3 Tblsp. poppyseeds
Small box of lemon instant pudding
1/4 cup water
4 eggs

Mix all ingredients together and put into two small or one large greased loaf pan. Bake 30-40 minutes at 375. Remove bread from pans and drizzle glaze over it.

Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
2 Tblsp. lemon juice

Here's a hint: if you use poppyseeds very much at all, you will save yourself a lot of money if you get them in bulk from a health food store rather than buying tiny containers from the grocery store. For that matter, any time you use large quantities of any herb, it's probably a much better deal to buy them in bulk.

2 comments:

  1. looks yummy. i was looking for something new to take to my recipe club this week...i just might have to try this. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound super easy too, which is nice. I also like the applesauce substitute

    ReplyDelete