Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

What the heck do you do with kale?

Well... I have no idea, but I threw it in with some asparagus and it was good! Most of all I thought it looked really good so I took a picture of it and thought I would share since kale is not all that common.
This was winter kale that I got in a bountiful basket. If I can remember correctly I added a generous amount of olive oil, Italian seasoning, and garlic. Then, of course, a bit of fresh ground black pepper. After it had cooked part way through I drizzled honey and added sliced almonds. I found that the kale that was directly on the pan longer was better. It can be tough but when it sat against the pan it became more crispy than tough. Overall it was a pretty healthy dish and was tasty. My conclusion is that it was good but it could be better.

2 comments:

  1. Good idea- hope it tasted as good as it looks! I used my Bountiful Basket kale to make the Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana last winter- and it was really good. Of course it did have sausage and cream added to it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had it but if it's got cream and sausage then it's good! :) We don't eat out that much but I admit that sometimes when we do I'm mostly just looking for new ideas of things to cook.

    ReplyDelete