Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Spicy Roasted Potatoes

Once, a long time ago, I attempted to make French fries on the stove. To make a long story short, I ended up having to get a new stove because the old one was no longer in working condition. That was about eight years ago, and I haven't deep-fried anything since then. Unfortunately, though, I am a Southern girl at heart, and fried food is still the fifth food group. So when I get a crazy craving for something fried, I just go visit the South (it's cheaper than a kitchen remodel). However, I have learned how to get around frying, and my family's hands-down favorite way to eat potatoes is when I roast them. And luckily for them, Grandma gets us a 50-lb. bag of Russet potatoes every fall fresh from Idaho.
This is how I make roast potatoes:
Coat a cookie sheet with vegetable oil- about 2 Tablespoons. Dice several potatoes and spread them on top of the oil. Coat the potatoes with Tony Chachere's seasoning. Roast in the oven at 400 degrees for about 50-60 minutes, stirring about every 20 minutes. They are done when they are crispy.
And this brings me to two of the most important rules in my kitchen:
1. Don't fry anything
2. When in doubt about how to season anything, coat it with Tony Chachere's seasoning.

1 comment: